Sometimes companies and their founders get confused, thinking that their goal is revenue, stock price or some other financial metric. In reality, you have to focus on the things that lead to those.
How do you build a revenue model?
Do you have answers for these questions? Here is what we tried to learn this week:
• How do you build a revenue model for your idea?
• What are viable revenue models to pursue?
• How do you identify ideal customers for a revenue model?
• What are some common problems with popular revenue models?
• Are there tips or tricks with different revenue models?
• How do you determine revenue drivers in your model?
• What do you need to know to finish a model?
• How do you choose between multiple revenue models and multiple ideas?
This week’s mentors
Sven Illing is is a business developer, adviser and investor through iCapital and startup accelerators GameFounders and Buildit. Henrik Aavik is an e-commerce, internet marketing and business development professional, host of a weekly radio show about ICT start-ups.
So, what kind of revenue types are there:
• Recurring revenue
• Transactional revenue
• Project revenue
• Services revenue
• Pay-what-you-want (PWYW)
• Tip jar/donation
• Freemium (Premium) model
• Open source model
• Subscription model
• Pay-per-use model
• Add-ons/In-app purchases
• License fees
• Single purchase model
• Pay-as-you-go model (PAYG)
• Advertisement (Ad-based) model
• Afﬁliate/Referral fee
• Franchise model
• Commission-based model
• Auction model
Help our founders by filling in an online survey to give them feedback about their businesses idea.
Karri: http://bit.ly/1pM4JWa ( english)
http://svy.mk/1tPnW5z ( russian)
http://svy.mk/124aJOU ( english)